COVID-19 PopSockets Response
PopSockets cares deeply about the wellbeing of our global customers, partners and employees who are experiencing the effects of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. Our top priority is supporting your efforts to stay safe and healthy during this time.
For Our Customers
We understand your concerns regarding the COVID-19, and the impact it may have on products manufactured in China. According to the CDC and WHO, the COVID-19 virus is spread from person-to-person via respiratory droplets most often expelled through sneezing or coughing. The likelihood of transmission from the surfaces of imported goods is extremely low and, currently, there is no evidence to support transmission through imported or shipped goods.
PopSockets products are manufactured in Colorado, Wisconsin, Mexico, the Netherlands, Vietnam, and China. Our factory partners in China are taking extraordinary precautions to limit the spread of the virus. All workers are subject to:
- A 2-week quarantine before returning to factory
- Daily (or more frequent) temperature checks
- Increased personal hygiene expectations (hand-washing/antibacterial, etc.)
- Mandatory use of masks and gloves (on packing lines), and use of 'social distancing' policy
- Regular disinfection of working environs
- Irrelevant personnel barred from entry to production areas
- Full compliance local policies/procedures for workers who show symptoms
PopSockets North American fulfillment centers in Colorado and Tijuana, Mexico are practicing all of the above precautions and have also put in place:
- Barred entry for anyone who has recently traveled or been in contact with an infected person
- A no-touch policy
- Thermal cameras at entry and exit (Mexico)
- On-site doctor (Mexico)
For Our Employees
PopSockets employees live and work in communities around the world. The health and safety of our entire global team is of critical importance. On March 5, we implemented a corporate travel ban and restricted non-employee visits. As of March 13, our offices are closed and all employees have been instructed to work from home until further notice.
For Our Retail & Distribution Partners
PopSockets is working to maintain on-time delivery of products. At this time product delays are minimal. Our Ecommerce team is available to support the transition of any retail activations to online promotions where there may be a risk to public safety.
Message from David Barnett, PopSockets Founder and CEO
In light of the developing COVID-19 crisis, we’re eager to do what we can to support those afflicted by COVID-19. To that end, I’ve become a proud Poptivist, supporting Doctors Without Borders and Feeding America by creating two special grip designs, 100% of whose sales go to the charities. Please email us if you know of other ways that my team and I can help. DoGoods@PopSockets.com